Monday, March 28, 2011

Love and Other Drugs



Yes the poster with Anne Hathaway in a bed supposed to be naked behind that very lucky pillow is really tempting. The title of the movie poses inquiry of why such title. Here’s what happened when I tried watching it as seen in my facebook wall:


Hahahaha! I really considered not watching it because the main character is a pharmaceutical drug representative, which therefore explains the title. Anne Hathaway was nowhere in sight in the very first parts of the movie. I was really bored then I post it on facebook. Good thing people saw it then I was forced to finish it. Thanks a lot Facebook! Who will not be encouraged with the guarantee of seeing Anne Hathaway’s boobs?
About the movie, yes the drug selling thing is really boring. The year is supposed to be 1997 but I think there are a lot of inconsistencies about that like Jake Gyllenhaal phone is too hi-tech for that year knowing Keanu Reeves’s phone in The Matrix(1999) was still bulky and has an antenna. 
supposed to be 1997, but look at his cellphone
compare that to this phone from The Matrix(1999)

Also, when the main character attended a Pfizer event, they are dancing to Macarena. That song was not the fad that year. That song was a hit in 1994-1995. In 1997, people are laughing at themselves thinking they did dance to the Macarena. The electronics store also sells what it seems to be LCD TV, but I don’t know for sure if those are plenty that year. It's not a period film but hey, somebody can tell inconsistencies about the setting.
I did like the story though. The wiki page said that the story is pretty much a grown-up love story. I can relate to the predicament of having an incurable disease(like Achalasia perhaps, but not like hers, she has Parkinson's) and how it might affect your loved ones when the disease is on its advanced stage when you get older. A pretty serious plot for a person who watched the film just to see boobs but I liked that the dilemma of the story is something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment