Tuesday, December 13, 2011

That Stupid Kid from that Stupid Delta Flight

That's me. Partying. a tagged photo from Rose
I was up all night coming from my last bit of Pinoy Christmas as I was going to Texas in a 6 AM Delta flight. I learned when I checked my baggage that the connecting flight requires me to retrieve my bag in Detroit and check it in again for the DFW flight. It sucks. Why can’t they just do it for us with the conveyor belt thingy and stuff?
My seat was 67G(or something like that), the one farthest in the back near the lavatory and it has no designated overhead compartment. I texted my mom and my sister that I am on the plane and I slept right away. When I woke up, we are still in the Philippines. I have no idea how long my sleep was but I know I have sleep enough just to prevent jet lag.
So the flight was delayed, and every flight after that. We arrived in Nagoya, get off the plane, went through another security check and boarded the same plane but this time, my seat is on 58D. Before the plane left, there was this lady negotiating with the people sitting on next row from us so that the 3 children they are with can sit together. Of course the people behind us should and would not mind. I wish that it could have been my row because sitting in front of those kids was hell.
The flight from Nagoya to Detroit is 12hours long. We left Japan at 2PM and arrived Detroit at 2PM. Sleeping on this flight will be crucial on the combat against jet lag. In the middle of the flight, the kids can’t sleep. The little monster nearest will sometimes stand up on his seat and watch the movie. That was not bad. I hope he just did that the whole time. What I truly hate is the poking on the back of our seats. Imagine dozing away just to be waken up again. That shit happened a million times. The kid sat on 59E so no wonder the lady on my right was sleeping with her head leaning on the table in front of her instead just sitting upright. The kid will also put down the table and raise his foot on top of it and then kick it some more. I hate this kid!
The moment came when I have to say something to this stupid kid so I stand up and I told him “wag mong sipain yung likod ng upuan” with some gestures pointing to the back of our seats. The lady behind me woke up and asked me what’s going on, I told her “your kid is kicking the back of our seats” then she just answered back, “It’s not my kid”. Haha. So that was it. I just have to deal with it. I thought the kid would stop menacing me but he did not. He may not understood Tagalog, English, the gesture to not kick the seats or he is just dumb.
charging my phone during my Detroit layover
So yes, I did get the jet lag. There are many stupid stories of kids behaving badly on airplanes but I yeah, I experienced one right after a pretty awesome night of dancing in my last day in Manila. I was feeling joyful then this kid made me miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment