Friday, January 27, 2012

Make Way to the Omelet

We watched an opera in Dallas. It cost us five dollars, a really great deal. It is entitled Doctor Miracle. It is family friendly opera so kids are abound. We don’t know how to dress to these events but google results say that opera are not dress-coded these days so thank God.
We got there on time. The stage was small. There is one small piano on the side. There were a lot of children in the audience. We were dressed just enough for the event just like everyone else: smart casual, semi-formal or whatever you call it when a person is wearing collared shirt and dark-colored pants.
Jan27. It was a Friday so we have to be in a hurry. The roads all around Arlington have very slow traffic because of massive road works everywhere. Before we get there, we went to a Wendy’s to buy some fast food. Good thing we still have time before the show starts.
The show started on time, it was a small theatre. There were lots of children. The stage was set as an azotea. That’s it. It’s a one act opera. When the show started, we were immediately mesmerized with the actors's voices: soprano, tenor and baritone. So that’s how it felt like watching high pitched singers. Good experience once again. We did enjoy the whole show. We also took time to meet the actors and have some photos with them.

pics from Ami's camera.
I am not really sure how to review the show since that is my first time watching opera so I can't compare it to something else. What I know is that I did enjoy it.The songs were well sung. The music did not fail. The plot was awesome and I will recommend it to others also. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment