Tuesday, July 17, 2012

MNL 143

I do not recommend watching this movie. I heard this movie was disqualified from this year’s Cinemalaya because the board or whatever it is called does not agree to the director’s choice for the main cast and the director would still go with his choice. Hell yes to his artistic rights. Some producers back him up in creating this movie so here it is. This controversy makes it interesting. It was also been shown somewhere in Scotland.
The Philippine premiere was held at UP Film Center. I reserved tickets three days before then I went there. I was supposed to be with someone but she was held in traffic in Ortigas because she went to some place first before the screening. I got the tickets, fell in queue then see the movie. The place was packed. A lot of people were eager to see this movie. I had high hopes on what I was going to watch because all I know is that it took place inside an FX.
The movie sucks. No point in not spoiling it anyway because there is no twist whatsoever. Nothing unexpected happened. Like a Star Cinema chick flick.
It was a love story of the driver, a former OFW who was hoping to see his lost love. Guess what? He found her in the end of the movie. The Fx that he drives runs from Taft to Philcoa. That’s the entire movie. To fill in something in between, the movie somewhat focuses on the stories of the passengers. In true Star Cinema fashion, there were punchlines. What will the movie be without something that the people may laugh at. The crowd seemed to enjoy something not really unexpected. I did not laugh even once. The story of the people riding the FX are not that really extraordinary. Its like giving each character its own fifteen minutes of fame. You just have to wait for the delivery of each person’s punchline. That’s it. It’s an independent movie. I guess the movie will be interesting to those who are not commuting. Fuck that. I think it is really bad that I have to write about it. For posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment