Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lucban Food Trip

On our last road trip to Taal, we kinda planned to go to Splash Island. This plan however was not going to happen because its just Karl and I who wants to go there. Other suggested places like Pampanga, Tarlac, Pagsanjan Falls. I just want to experience something new. They want to eat. So Lucban it is to compromise. We were there for last year’s Pahiyas but we were not able to climb Kamay ni Hesus and eat at Kamayan sa Palaisdaan so there were still something new to do.
A supertyphoon just missed the country but monsoon rains persists the night before. Because of prayers and some optimism, the journey pushed through.
We used two cars this time. Our first stopover was Petron in SLEX where we met the Karl, Meong and Ticz and to eat some McDo breakfast. Our route this time is just plain SLEX. I did not suggest the backdoor route because it will just bring more discussions and besides, there’s not much to see this time because of the strong rains that just passed.
Our first real stop is of course Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery. I hope our photographer friends had a good time taking photos.
It is my third time to this place already
Next is the St. John the Baptist Church in Liliw. Finally. So the church is just located near the market. We passed thqat place before but we did not see it.
It was noon by that time but I suggested that have lunch in Lucban instead. We will try the famous Kamayan sa Palaisdaan. It is about 15 minutes from Kamay ni Hesus. The food there was awesome. When we divided the bill, we just paid 270 pesos each. Unbelievable. I was really full and the food was really delicious. The Sinugno was really good. I tried pako salad before, I did not like it but this time, I enjoyed it really well. A place definitely worth the trip. The rain poured during lunch. Enough time to let my digestive system function thoroughly before we climb Kamay ni Hesus.
Kamayan sa Palaisadaan

Kamay ni Hesus

Kamay ni Hesus is a beautiful place. Good to see a place well taken cared and no epal signs on it. The view from the top is also awesome.





After that experience, we went to Lucban town proper for the food trip of some noteworthy grubs I stumbled upon online:
Pansit Habhab – we parked right outside Lucban Church and there’s already some outside. We scored some for seven pesos each.
Inihaw na Saging – Irene bought one. It is like a bananaque, without the sugarcoat and roasted, not fried which I think is the real bananaque.
Manang Lydia’s Siopao – the store is about two blocks down Racelis Ave from the church. It costs 10 pesos to 15 pesos. Another good find.
Salud’s Halo halo – the place is another two blocks the other side of Racelis Ave form the church. They only sell halo halo and mais con hielo that it is with great admiration that the business is very much alive throught the year. The halo halo was divine. Like a Cooking Master Boy moment. The lady who made our halo halo even chuckled at the sight of these ManileƱos really amazed at their halo halo. The ingredients by the way are homemade.
this is the menu from Salud's
Buddys – they ordered longsilog. I was very full by that time I cannot eat anymore.
Since we were there, I bought bayong, the same size I got last year. I scored three of those at 20 pesos each. Last year I got one at fifteen pesos only. A week before that my mother bought a bayong in Marikina, a little bigger and that cost forty pesos. I also bought longganisa from Eker and Ely, the small ones at 70 a dozen. I also asked my mom about the price of lanzones because we saw a dropoff of  near Liliw Church and they sell at 65 pesos per kilogram. It was late when I learned that back home, it sells at one hundred pesos.
I love Lucban because stuff are cheap. No souvenirs to bring home but the awesome food. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment