Have you met with old friends lately? It is December, the time for all kinds of reunions. I don’t have really close friends that I always keep in touch with but there are these people I take time to meet every once in while, especially this time of the year. Five years ago, conversations would range from work, who’s dating who, who’s got some girl knocked up, plans to go abroad, travel plans, schooling and some news and rumors with people we know. This year, it is evident that we have aged. People have kids now. The oldest child is around 7, the kid is born even before I got a job. Conversations about Cesarian sections, parenting and the hassles of raising a daughter: "bayad-utang". New topics now include diseases(not just joke on venereal diseases) and medical procedures, signs of aging.
Christmas also throws the annoying question "so when are you going to get married?" Well I am engaged now. It took a while to plan. I am not in a hurry. No pressure. I don’t want to be like the other couples I know who got married, then needs to live with the in-laws afterwards or rent an apartment. We want our ow place. I also took my time observing old married couples I know and see that I am ready. I saw how these couples fight and how the fights, raised voices does not matter afterwards. I have been in a tumultuous year with my relationship and I know I an in a good place. I love her, and her family is great. I feel they like me. When a friend who’s having a kid next month asked me that question, I got a real answer now. He even asked me about our condominium and he thought it was a nice area, and the project is good and fairly cheap. So after this, I bet questions on will we have kids.
I think right now, I am planning the New Year right. I have disappointments this year but I am getting better. Physically, I think I’m kinda fit right now compared to my fat self on some Cebu-Bohol pictures. I am also starting to lose acne. It’s about controlling stress and eating right.
No comments:
Post a Comment