Saturday, February 1, 2014

TV Quiz Shows

In the 90s we have this quiz show on channel 9 shown every Saturday(or was it Sunday?) afternoon called Battle of the Brains. It has separate divisions for Grade School, High School and College. With that you know which schools are good. What nerds look like. We love watching that show and try to answer the questions also. That show was spoofed by a gag show and calls the segment "Battle of the Brainless". That segment is funny. The gag show ended in the late 90s but was resurrected again last year. I don’t know if the kids these days find the sketch funny and if they have any idea why the freakin title.
source


That show had a competition in Channel 7, The Digital LG Quiz Show. It was hosted by Regine Tolentino and Paolo Bediones. It was shown every Sunday morning. It was a good show and my high school joined with my classmate as the contestant. I think we reached the semifinals or something.

Quiz shows are good on TV. At least kids learn something useful in school. Today I don’t see any of these anymore. There was this asean quiz show but I don’t know if anybody ever saw that. I can’t remember if it is the same where the host says "UNI markers up!" just to give airtime for the marker sponsor.

So what kids are battling their whims for in national TV nowadays? Pinoy Henyo. Wow, these kids will do great on Office Christmas parties when they get old. They would win Starbucks GCs.

I saw this earlier on the MedicalCity TV.
source

No comments:

Post a Comment