Thursday, July 3, 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction

I have never seen a movie bashed and hated so much in the social as this one, and it is not even in Tagalog, not an official entry to the coveted Metro Manila Film Festival.

This comes to mind about stupid blockbuster movies
We were supposed to see this film, good thing we didn’t. Three agonizing hours, horrible reviews and unhappy movie goers ranting on social media. No fucking way. There were other movies available that weekend and we end up watching How To Train Your Dragon 2. The next day we also see Maleficent. Both worth our time by the way. We could have watched the new Jump Street movie too but the theatre was full.

I am not a fan of blockbuster movies especially of the Michael Bay type, the ones without a good story, just explosions. I always hated it when you ask someone about a movie they saw and will tell you "Good special effects, awesome explosions". Movies are based on theatres, should be a form of art. Movie explosions is not art.

Wiki lists Michael Bay so far has 11 movies, I have seen only two, the 2nd Transformers movie only because it was free from a company viewing event and Pearl Harbor because Kate Beckinsale was on it and war movies are "in" that time.

I did not see the film, but why am I writing about it? What do I know? Io9 has this Spoiler FAQ of the movie. I only skimmed through the article and did not read it thoroughly. The way it was written was witty and funny but reading about bullshit may not be worth the time. I hope Michael Bay movies begin to be like Nickelback or M. Knight Syamalan and people would recognize that. That way, stupid blockbuster movies will not be like MMFF, made just to get the audience’s money and not deliver art.

No comments:

Post a Comment