Monday, December 20, 2010

Birthday Scrooge

Growing up, I am accustomed on not to celebrate my birthday. Partly because of course, I don’t have the money to treat people. And of course as a teenager I don’t want an annual reminder that I am getting older. Like a total birthday scrooge. I know I have an issue about aging.haha.
Recently that we celebrated my niece’s first birthday I just realized something why birthdays should be a big deal: it is an anniversary when the hardship of bearing a child and when one foot of the mother is placed on the grave as a collateral. It is just a day when we are thankful both of them made it safe. I didn’t saw it that way before I think because was not here last here when my niece is born last year. No wonder why it’s always my mom who always remembers all of our birthdays: my sisters and mine. Not to mention I was a “suhi” when I was born, add extra difficulty on the delivery.
So now, I guess I’ll celebrate my birthdays differently. Pero hindi pa din ako manlilibre.

No comments:

Post a Comment