Earlier this morning about 10 A.M. the phone rang. I was playing with my niece and she normally would like to answer the phone first thinking it would be an overseas call from her aunt. My mom answered the phone. The guy on the other line is looking for an Eduardo Altares. He said he is a Dr. Serrano. My mother who answered the phone asked which "Eduardo Altares" is he looking for then she gave me the phone. Dumbfounded because I don’t personally know a Dr. Serrano I asked him where is he from (I routinely go to Medical City and St Luke’s so maybe I got an issue somewhere). He told me he is from "Philippine Anti Drug". I thought this is crazy because I don’t know of such an agency. What I know is PDEA which I am trying to fit "Philippine Anti Drug" to the acronym which is very different. I was already reflecting of a recent drug trade that I’ve been an accomplice to but of course there would be zero. I was also thinking of a drug addict, dealer or drug lord to whom I will be a witness to. There will also be zero. I had a drug test six months ago because of a city ordinance but that was cleared. Why the hell am I having this conversation?
The doctor on the other line might think he can’t fool me told me that he is from the office of a certain police or military official. I forgot the name and the rank of which he passed the phone to. That was of course to cause more intimidation. My mind was quickly browsing the bill of rights in my mind because of which this may come down to. He told me that they want to invite me to their office.”Pwede ka ba naming imbitahan dito sa opisina”, I only hear that in the movies. I’m trying to connect the dots when I thought that maybe, I’m not the one this guy is looking for. I called my father, I shouted, “Pa, sa iyo yata to sundalo ata yung hanap”. Then the guy said, “akala ko ikaw na yan kaibigan” then he hung up. I was waiting for the guy to call again but they didn’t so we ascertain it to be a scam. Hahaha. They got nervous I guess. The guy’s voice does not sound like a military official. My father is in the Armed Forces so I know the way how an officer speaks. If they would have called again then I guess I can tell them to talk to my attorney, I don’t have one but I can easily get one. My high school classmate is one and another is a barista who will surely know lawyers.
I guess it was lucky that I was suspicious on what is happening and is thinking rational at that time. If I was not the one who was answering the phone then I don’t know if any of my family would fall victim to these criminals. I was also thinking where could they possibly get my phone number. I googled “Philippine Anti Drug” when i got to the office then I found this which I think verifies the scam.
No comments:
Post a Comment