Sunday, August 11, 2013

Vegas Taxi Scam

I arrived in Las Vegas 12:30 PM after an hour delayed connecting flight from Seattle. It was fortunate the flight was delayed because I would have had a difficult time catching the original schedule with the limited time I had going through immigration and through security check, riding the airport tram going to the right gate. I ride on a cab with the driver seems friendly and shit talking about black hat, Defcon and hacker stuff.  He said I should pay using a credit card because he has no change for a hundred or even fifty. The dude seemed nice until I found out on my online statement that the taxi ripped me off charging me $64. What the fuck, the meter did not even hit 30, and the receipt he gave me only totaled $17. I was a bit tired and jetlagged so I don’t mind the receipt not matching the numbers on the meter. He didn’t even let me sign the receipt if I would put a tip. Because of that stupid transaction I had to file a claim to my bank, using online chat and a phone call. The online chat was busy so sessions timed out; the phone call was also difficult because I need to look for my account details they were looking for. My room was charged for each call I made. A lot of trouble for that claim but, still that was more than $40 they ripped off me. The bank gave me a temporary credit for the claim but still needs 90 days to process the claim. So I guess I still need to put the $60+ bill on my liquidation after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment