Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Vacation in California

Starbucks You are Here Mugs
After that black hat gig in Las Vegas, my manager allowed me to stay for a 5 days in California.  I really missed that place. My cousin asked me where I would like to go when I go there I said the beach, Costco and Universal Studios. I was not able to see the beach but I was able to do things I also missed. When Kuya Bon picked me up at Van Nuys Fly away we ate at In ‘n Out. I really miss the burger and fries; I was able to eat frozen yogurt. The yogurt in a nearby mall was 45 cents per ounce. I remember the price before at Yogurtland was cheaper; I saw Hollister but the price was still above the $10 range; I was able to go to my bank to withdraw some money I could take home; Manuel took me to play billiards and basketball. I missed playing basketball; I was able to buy new shoes and two backpacks;  I was able to watch TFC; I saw Ate Josie’s yellow hippie convertible Volkswagen beetle. Awesome! 

We did not go to Universal Studios but I went to some place better: Six Flags Magic Mountain. Hahaha. I never thought I would go there because before when people go there before I didn’t go because of the tickets price. This time I went there for free. Manuel and Jazmine work there and they are allowed to go there for free and have a guest for free too. Our lunch was also discounted because employees there get 15% discount too. I was able to score a minion stuff toy from one of the games. We were able to try three rides: Full Throttle, Viper and Batman because the lines are really long. Two hours for that batman ride.
 
My relatives in California are gracious. They took care of me really well. They are second degree cousins but I am still close to them. They love my mother and idolize her for what she accomplished in raising her children. They know how much she suffered just to send us to school. Ate Josie got teary eyed talking to my mother on Skype and during our conversations about her. I was lucky enough to study in Marikina to be familiar to them. The kids were still toddlers when I studied there in the late 90's. Now Manuel is 20 and Jazmine is 18. I last saw them in 2004 with our trip to Ilocos. I last saw Ate Josie when I went to the store around 5 in the morning after a Christmas party in 2007. 

When I was done with all my shopping they even helped me out with packing my things. I had a lot of stuff. Things from Las Vegas, Costco stuff, some toys and shoes. Kuya Bon bought thid balikbayan box which I would check in. They have a weighing scale so getting the weight right per baggage is balanced. To get me to the airport, Ate Marita hired this airport shuttle service because they cannot drive me since they all have work. No worries for me. I was just happy I was well taken care of. I could not ask for more.
I went home with all of this

So yeah, California was fun. Las Vegas and LA was great because of my Marikina connections. I really wish I could come back soon. They want me to bring my mother there also which of course is difficult. There are still other rides I have to try in Six Flags and places I have to go to in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment