Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dealing with People

"The window of opportunity to go out and have fun and meet new people is getting smaller by the day" –Road Trip

My sister spent four days on a Camiguin-CDO trip with her Singapore housemate with the husband. A stupid part of her experience she shared to us is how the husband has poor people skills. As a guy, the husband NEVER offers to take photographs, eventhough they are couple, he must think of taking the task of the photographer once in a while. Ladies love photos, duh? He apparently also doesn’t like talking to other people. He only talks to his wife. He doesn’t offer to others the food he is munching. What a douche. It might have sucked because they went there as a group. That type of person can’t be brought to any climb or trek. The Bengal tiger on Life of Pi or Wilson on Castaway give better company.

I am an introvert but I think I have satisfactory social skills. I have 900 facebook friends and I personally know at least 95% of them. I could be friendly if I wanted to but I don’t keep a lot of them. I like keeping my circle small. I dont even have a solid barkada that I belong to. I sometimes see a get-together picture of a barkada that I used to hang-out with before on facebook. I am not included. No big deal hahaha. I only have 2 godkids from friends. They say that you lose half of your friends every seven years. I’ve around a lot of circles through the years and I think it is true though I can try to catch up with all the people I considered a friend if I want to.


I could be an asshole of the grandest kind too. In terms of Facebook friends, I have been "un-friended" a couple of times before and it is nothing to weep about. Hahaha.
"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer" – Sun Tzu

That phrase was used on "The Godfather part 2", "Cruel Intentions" and in one of the "Blade" movies of Wesley Snipes. I honestly believe in that saying. I practically live by it. It is not cool throwing a cold shoulder with someone you hate. It never wrong to be friendly even if it’s fake. I can fake a smile and be Hollywood. It’s just a matter of acting and compliments. People believe everything you tell them as long as it’s a compliment.
 
Tomorrow I am attending this birthday party where some guests we don’t get along well in the past. I don’t really have rough history with a lot of them but still, if some of their core persona sucks. Some presume that going to the event would be a plastic affair. I’m still going, I don’t care. It should be easy, just fake a smile. I just want to see the hostess again after three years.
The shit I learned from movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment