Monday, August 11, 2014

Friends Money


News has it that the three main actors of The Big Bang Theory now get $1M per episode. That amount is of course comparable to Friends' stellar cast salary from 10 years ago.  But this time, the three actors want it for three seasons, total of 72 episodes. Cashing in early, and giving the writers hard time to make the show exceptional.


Well, I hope the show die soon. Too bad because it is the only sitcom left that I am watching. I will have nothing else to watch on TV when this is over.

I remember watching the 23rd episode last season and the finale and those were not funny. There was nothing to laugh about. It seems like the writers are desperate to make the characters grow, and to have something going on and to be excited about for the next season. Those kind of shit would either be wonderful or make the show jump the shark. The show used to be funny. Now they have a good episode from time to time. Too bad the show does not have a good reason for the audience to keep watching, like how I met your mother, where the audience just badly wants to know who the mother is, so they keep watching the show even though the show sucks on the final seasons. At least How I Met Your Mother was able to end gracefully. Right now I wonder how this other show would end, or if the three years contract is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment