A Cinema One Original Film. It has been a while since I saw an indie film, in a film festival or a special screening. A friend who from what I have always known of her NEVER gave shit to this things, saw it, and some other movies too. From the festival so I as overly surprised. After that I never really look forward to seeing this. She said this reminds of her Before Sunrise, one of my favorite films. The writer apparently is the same who made English Only Please, in what I know is a clear Silver Linings Playbook rip-off. The writer seems to be good at ripping off movies, or I may just have seen too much movies to compare what I see.
Another office mate nonetheless recommend this, he even donated money for the production’s payment for royalty for using "Where Do Broken Hearts Go". Just one reason to see the movie: wait for his name to be seen at the after credits, which would not be enough reason.
As expected, this is released commercially. I remember watching OTJ when it was released hahaha. I will never forget the faces, the reactions of the people around me (and with me) who are clearly new to this sensation called "indie". It kinda sucks seeing indie go mainstream but it is the way to go especially if the movie is clearly made for box office.
So yes I saw it. I expected the "Before Sunrise" feel to it. So expected more talk: some intellectual conversation perhaps. I was wrong, wrong by more than a mile. The only deep thing I got from the movie was the word "burgis". I went hopeful and got disappointed. Fuck. The only shit the two characters talk about was the ex-boyfriend. I went out with a girl before who often talked about the ex. It was not amusing, not fun at all. I will not recommend anyone to experience shit like that. Horrible thing to get in to.
Angelica wanted to go to Baguio. Fuck Baguio. Soul searching? Fuck soul searching. But this is what this movie is about, so fuck this movie.
I remember a scene from "English Only, Please" — Philippine Airlines yet they were in NAIA Terminal 3. Same as this movie. I just have this itch about that minor thing. There’s also videoke on both movies. Fuck videoke too! Fuck you very, very much. Too much of the romcom formula, like from a Star Cinema creative team.
I slept watching this movie. What can I say, I was bored. Not because it was all talk, no. I will forever love Before Sunrise and all its sequels; I watch Quentin Tarantino movies and I saw "The Day He Arrives" and loved it too. All talk movies are adorable, but not this one. I just hate this movie. What I love about seeing this is the same experience when I saw OTJ — seeing the audience reacts. They love hearing curses: putangina was aplenty. They laugh when the magic curse is uttered on screen. PUTANGINA. When the movie ended, and of course the ending is an indie film ending. I heard some behind me explaining to a companion what the hell happened. What the fuck that ending was. On the elevator, someone mentioned to a friend the term “open-ended ending”. Clearly, romcom audience wants a clear ending. They want to be spoon fed. They don’t want something hanging upon leaving the movie house. All they need are one-liners: English Only Please has "Trapik sa EDSA". This one does not have one-liners, or was I just asleep?
We were also not able to see my oficemate's name in the after credits, there were three columns of names and it moved fast to the tune of that Up Dharma Down Song.
As expected, this is released commercially. I remember watching OTJ when it was released hahaha. I will never forget the faces, the reactions of the people around me (and with me) who are clearly new to this sensation called "indie". It kinda sucks seeing indie go mainstream but it is the way to go especially if the movie is clearly made for box office.
So yes I saw it. I expected the "Before Sunrise" feel to it. So expected more talk: some intellectual conversation perhaps. I was wrong, wrong by more than a mile. The only deep thing I got from the movie was the word "burgis". I went hopeful and got disappointed. Fuck. The only shit the two characters talk about was the ex-boyfriend. I went out with a girl before who often talked about the ex. It was not amusing, not fun at all. I will not recommend anyone to experience shit like that. Horrible thing to get in to.
Angelica wanted to go to Baguio. Fuck Baguio. Soul searching? Fuck soul searching. But this is what this movie is about, so fuck this movie.
I remember a scene from "English Only, Please" — Philippine Airlines yet they were in NAIA Terminal 3. Same as this movie. I just have this itch about that minor thing. There’s also videoke on both movies. Fuck videoke too! Fuck you very, very much. Too much of the romcom formula, like from a Star Cinema creative team.
I slept watching this movie. What can I say, I was bored. Not because it was all talk, no. I will forever love Before Sunrise and all its sequels; I watch Quentin Tarantino movies and I saw "The Day He Arrives" and loved it too. All talk movies are adorable, but not this one. I just hate this movie. What I love about seeing this is the same experience when I saw OTJ — seeing the audience reacts. They love hearing curses: putangina was aplenty. They laugh when the magic curse is uttered on screen. PUTANGINA. When the movie ended, and of course the ending is an indie film ending. I heard some behind me explaining to a companion what the hell happened. What the fuck that ending was. On the elevator, someone mentioned to a friend the term “open-ended ending”. Clearly, romcom audience wants a clear ending. They want to be spoon fed. They don’t want something hanging upon leaving the movie house. All they need are one-liners: English Only Please has "Trapik sa EDSA". This one does not have one-liners, or was I just asleep?
We were also not able to see my oficemate's name in the after credits, there were three columns of names and it moved fast to the tune of that Up Dharma Down Song.
The movie was a hit though. These appeared on my feed last weekend:




No comments:
Post a Comment