Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Farewell Email

This is how my last email looks like viewed on gmail:




I actually thought for a very long time how my farewell email would look like. A long time, like way before I resigned. When someone leaves the company and something like this is sent, hey, someday I will send one too.

When I left, I did not have enough time, I said two weeks on my resignation letter, but it was more like 6 working days. Pretty abrupt, but we agreed on it. I had no tasks pending for transfer or submission. Thinking on what to write was difficult. Good memories, but I also want to throw something out there too, on why people leave. I hope they get it. It took me like more than thirty minutes to construct.

Leaving the company is bittersweet but it is like selling your favorite stock you keep for years because you know it will be bear market soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment