Jon who has some shoe enterprise on the side is trying to make some custom Marty McFly sneakers – the self-lacing shoes from Back to Future. Nike has yet to release the legit ones, but there are some fake ones out there which will not do the laces, but has the lights. Still looks good, and there is a market for it. His plan is to buy knockoffs, change the LED panel part of the shoe and change it to whatever light source it is which is better than LED. I forgot what it was. The thing here is, the circuitry to be used needs to be understood first. I am (or was a licensed Electronics Engineer) so there was a time when I understand this shit, maybe somewhere in the back of my brain.
So what he needed is the power source, the load and the current: just connect the damn light source to the battery. It is not that simple, he needs to add a resistor to the circuit, and some computation on what value of the resistance is needed.
So what he needed is the power source, the load and the current: just connect the damn light source to the battery. It is not that simple, he needs to add a resistor to the circuit, and some computation on what value of the resistance is needed.
![]() |
| It will always come down to series circuit diagram |

The resistor is very important. So there’s the battery, it is a fixed voltage source which creates the current. Without the resistance, the LED will get more current than expected base on its power rating. without it, heat will be created on the load, which will make it break. Maybe not instantly but there will be time for that to happen. Like an angel, sharing the heat with the LED so it will not break easily. The LED is breakable, so following the power rating is important. The load will be able to receive that much electricity. I think I can still compute for the correct resistance. I think I can derive that. Just like what I did before to kill time while we were getting NBI clearance, thinking about equilateral triangles.

No comments:
Post a Comment