So we watched the Inside Out animated feature film. It is about emotions. The characters are Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. Based on posters alone; because I have not seen any trailers, Sadness is the main heroine. This movie is unique because based on the premise alone of having human emotions as characters, this will be a man vs himself conflict which is a good take on animated movies. I am not a big fan of animated films but I have seen a lot. This is from Disney and I think this is the first time there is no super villain in the characters.
Then came Bing Bong, the little girl’s imaginary friend. The wikia describes him as a Pink cotton candy nougat-filled elephant-cat hybrid, porkpie hat, purple bow tie with pink polka dots, pink striped legs, brown jacket, matching fingerless gloves. An article describes his appearance as vaudeville. Well, yeah. To me, he even looks suspicious at first. I can’t help it. I need to look for the eventual antagonist in this story. But then, spoiler alert: Bing Bong becomes the biggest hero ever. He sacrified himself and then he gets forgotten. As what him fading when they were inside the memory dump signifies. I was not hoping what that looks like is what it was. When the movie was over, I was like asking my sister and my wife what he hell will happen to Bing Bong. I can't accept it
That was really sad, but it does happen. It’s just I can’t get over that. He’s good and all and he get forgotten. The story ends and he was not even remembered for the heroic deed. They just moved on. I don’t know. People hate it when Jon Snow or right now, Steven Yeun’s character in The Walking Dead gets killed (or do they?) but for me, Bing Bong’s death or whatever you call it is worse. It is so unfair. I can't let it go.

No comments:
Post a Comment