Friday, December 18, 2015

Mathematics

Rodrigo Duterte was on the news for his remarks about Math. He failed in math when he was at school and he said he wants to remove Calculus, Trigonometry and Algebra (these are the only kind of math I was good at, because... calculator, duh! ) and replace these with Business Math, or whatever that might be. I like Duterte but with this shallow remark, I am not sure. Just because you are not good at one subject it means everybody is failing at it too. Take gym class for example. Not everybody excels at it but we all get through with it. And math, why math. the country is currently dominated by whatever Aldub is. Don't take away something from the people who can think.

Recently I was at the bookstore then I saw a bunch of mathematics books. I browse on of them.


 The problem is Algebra and guess which book was it taken from, Primary 2.


How can we compete globally if we are afraid of Mathematics? Crazy man logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment