Yesterday my wife did some house cleaning and going to bed last night she was complaining about pain in her lower back. I call it "lack of exercise". She said she does yoga. After that I did some poses although I lack the knowledge on what yoga poses should look like. I straighten my legs then point them upwards in a supine position because yeah, I was lying in bed. Then after that raised leg position, I split them in 45 degrees just to get some variety. After that, I announced I will do the "bridgestand", which from googling it now, is a legit yoga position also called Chakrasana. Funny as always. I burst out laughing after doing it. When I manage to stop, I will laugh again after 10 seconds or less. It happened for a few minutes until I had tears from laughter. It was so funny to me. All the laughter can tell but after a while, it made me feel sad.
It has been 16 years, and the bridge stand can still make me cry. With all the "How I Met Your Mother" I have been watching the past weeks, would kinda calls for a back story just like in the sitcom.
It was my birthday on our senior year in High school. There’s a typhoon(Wiki says it is Typhoon Reming). Even though the winds are strong, and it was raining, we were at school. It was Saturday. It was an extra-curricular thing. Saturdays was spent mostly for Boy Scout stuff. But that day, there was none of that. Tambay lang. We were there drinking. It was junk foods and gin the whole day. One of the crazy story they concocted is like a class sketch of chapter 18th of El Filibusterismo. The one with Imuthis the Sphinx. During this time, there’s an incident (not a rumor) that a guy from our batch had shown his big dick to a female classmate. The bridgestand position we have learned from our sophomore year gym class. Put the three elements together then you get a crazy hilarious drinking story. I swear I was in tears. That story was awesome that if I was talking with my friends and it can come up. Imuthis. Bridgestand. Funny.
The sad part about last night was, I miss my friends. I haven’t talked to them in w while ever since I deactivated ye ol facebook. I even had a dream I was hanging out with them. Having funny friends is one of the best things in life. It will always be fun being around them and even though it has been 16 years, it is like yesterday like we never get old.
No comments:
Post a Comment