Monday, September 11, 2017

Dashboard at SG



When this was announced, I was literally the first person to click Going on the Facebook Events Page.


The event location is somewhere in the far east, so this will be a small gig. I asked Floser to go. He immediately say yes of course. We watched DC five years ago in Richardson, Texas.

Days before the gig, the promoter annouced new $88 tickets, as due to overwhelming demand.



No biggie, we would have bought the most expensive tickets anyway.

The day of the gig, I almost got late as I rode the wrong direction of the bus when I arrive at the Bus Terminal. I like 2km just to be there on time but Floser, my concert buddy is still not there. His family is in town so he has a little quality time that afternoon. Still, we have a lot of time when the dude arrived. This gig has no front act.


The place is big enough but you know the promoters were not able to sell. The press release of overwhelming demand was a bluff. They sell it for lesser price because they cannot fill the place. The $88 ticket holders are still at acceptable distance from the stage. We can also tell that most of the people are not really that big of Dashboard fans. Real fans would sing along. Sing along hard. They sing a Justin Bieber song, which I already anticipated as I saw a video clip of 'Love Yourself' on my Facebook feed. That is a decent song from Ed Sheeran by the way. They also did a cover of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven'. Still sounds solid. I will always try to catch them if I still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment