Sunday, January 16, 2011

2010


It’s the mid of January 2011 and yet I’m still summing up what 2010 was for me. I’ve been planning to do this last month but I have always been busy. A good way to see where you’ve been is through tagged photos in Facebook. Here goes..

January: We were at Mitch and Ian’s wedding in Pilar,Bataan. It was the 4th and it was a roadtrip for our whole team. It was a Monday and only one James was left on shift.

February: We went to Hongkong on the fifth. It was a flight through Macapagal Airport on Clark because of promo tickets they bought five months prior.  HongKong was great. I definitely would love to be back there.
On the 21st, I run my first 10km fun run, The Century Tuna Superbods Run. My legs were sore for three day after. We never had any preparations whatsoever. It was fun though.
March: We climb the Tarak Ridge in Mariveles,Bataan on the 13th and 14th. It was also our first and only climb. This trek is considered a semi-major climb so kudos to all of us who conquered the mountain.hehehe.

On the 21st, as new running addicts, we joined the 15km run on Globe Run for Home. 15km because of course, we need to upgrade.

April:  The holy week falls on march28-april3. We went on a roadtrip to Ilocos on Maundy Thursday. This year’s trip includes the usual swimming in Pagudpud and visiting the tourist spots along the way. This year we also visited Banna: Chastine’s hometown.
We joined the NatGeo Earth Day Run on the 18th. We run 10km around Mall of Asia. This run will be a preparation for our run the coming weekend
On the 24th, we run our first half marathon: Greenfield City Sunset Run. It was held in Laguna. The event sucked and we will not be running there again. The organizers of this run sucked at controlling the traffic that were part of the race where we have to walk on the sidewalk just to avoid being hit by coming traffic. And oh, there was no sidewalk, just dirt on the side of the road.

May: we went to Dagupan,Pangasinan for Bangus Festival on the first. We stayed at Angelica’s relatives. As sidetrips, we head to Anda for swimming and to Baguio for a little pasalubong shopping.  It was my first time bringing prawns home which we bought in Dagupan just before we go home.
We went to Enchanted Kindom with my sisters on the 16th. It was the first time I met my older sister’s boyfriend and the first time that we brought our aunt Evelyn to EK. It was fun because Sapce Shuttle is operational unlike our visit the year before.
On the 17th, I run another 10km on The Neutrogena Run 2010: Chase the Sun.

June: it was when we transferred to our new office in Ortigas. New office, new team.

July: we went to Dumaguete on the 17-19th. Antulang Beach Resort was awesome. Apo Island is a good snorkeling spot it’s just that I hope it will still be protected.  Most Korean tourists don’t care if they are already standing on corrals or what. The sea waters are warm between the main island and Apo Island possibly due to the volcanic activity nearby.
On the 25th, we run 10km on takbo.ph’s runfest. It is the first time I saw my college classmates who are also avid runners.

August: we were in Bohol from Aug1-3. It was fun. The snorkeling in Balicasag was good. I did not enjoy our previous snorkeling in Apo island the month before because my rented snorkeling mask smells like detergent that it make me go dizzy.

September: We attended a big birthday bash on the third. This was held in Antipolo. This was the first event where I first refuse to drink any alcoholic beverage due to my ailing digestive system.
The Fort Striders Run was held on the 12th. We run 15km on this one.
We celebrated my niece Ema’s first birthday on McDonalds on the 25th.

October: it is my 26th birthday.



November: We attended Jun and Dona’s wedding on the 8th which was held in Zamboanga City. We missed our flight and we arrived there on the wedding day. The event was super awesome. The food was excellent. We also ate at Alabar’s which is a seafood restaurant. The crabs there are really delicious and cost a lot less than its equivalent in Manila.
We run our second half marathon in Run United 2, the third leg of the runrio trilogy. I enjoyed this run a lot. There were no issues and it was organized very well.
December: We went to Singapore for the Standard Chartered Marathon. This is our last run for the year and possibly a long time again before the next run. Our stay there was awesome. We stayed in Ang Mo Kio apartment of Mark O, Jun and Dona. They were very lovely hosts to us. We had a great time with our short stay there and the food trips were very good. They understood my condition and even though I cannot eat spicy food, I had a good time eating the non spicy food which are also delicious and worth coming back for.

That’s it. The year will be summed up for travels and running. How I will remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment