Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tagaytay on January


There was this one afternoon that we were chatting about our coming trip to Taipei this March that Angel invited us to join in a Tagaytay roadtrip that they are planning on the weekend. They are planning to go there get drunk and play pinoy henyo. It will be a two day thing. I was not that keen on going because I don’t drink. I will just like a designated driver, only that I don’t drive.
I learned the Friday before that they reduce the plan to a one day affair and no drinking will be involved. This make us consider to join. It’s not too late because the two cars that will be used are not yet full.
To decide, Chast and I bet on it through an hour of billiards on Paeng’s at Eastwood. If I lose, we won’t go, if she wins then that will be it. I sucked big time! Hahahha..It’s been a while since I played and I really lost my nerve. I lost 4-3.
The call time was 5:00AM January 8,2010.  We were all ready in the Heuristics condo very early.  We were just waiting for a call from the girls from the other condo for the green light but we were told that Karl is not reachable though his phone. We will be late. It turns out that the only plan for this trip is to eat bulalo for breakfast. It is not gonna happen as we ate breakfast meals in McDonalds.
We were able to leave Eastwood around 7:30. By this time, I have already taken a little nap which was fine because i have to sit in the passenger seat. The girls on the backseat were all asleep the whole trip.
It was chilly when we stopped on Jollibee in Tagaytay for a restroom and yosi break. It was my first time in Tagaytay. That was the time to plan what we were at Tagaytay for. The bulalo plan was not gonna happen anyways. As a suggestion, we stopped by Bag of Beans to eat delicious pancakes. It was 10:30 AM. It sucks that they don’t have carrot cake (or parrot cake as they pronounce it due to number of talking birds they have around). We’ve been craving for this food for a very long time. We ordered pancakes, apple pie and pasta. The food was great. It was noon when we finished eating. And they were already planning lunch as we leave. 
We went to People’s Park in the Sky just to say that we visited something not just went there to eat. Still they bought green mangoes to feed themselves. The place has an entrance fee of fifteen pesos but it is odd that the place seem to have no maintenance. Where the hell do they put the money they collected?
Lunch time was 2PM. The plan is of course, to eat bulalo. We went to LZM Restaurant where we were told that the price of bulalo is cheaper but the taste is just as good. This still failed because the place ran out of bulalo. It was way pass lunchtime anyways. We end up eating sinigang and some very delicious bangus. 

lunch at LZM Restaurant. pic using Marf's cam
After lunch we went to Starbucks. The place is overlooking Taal Lake. They got themselves coffee. I didn’t. The place is crowded. There was this sofa set that can fit the nine of us but a Korean couple was sitting. They were polite to offer us their place but some oldtimers arrive and sat on one chair. Too bad. We end up cramming nine chairs around two circular tables.
After coffee, we go to Caleruega. This is a church where apparently is a big hit for weddings. We had good photos outside the church but again, too bad we were not able to come inside. It was a little late when we decided to come in. The church is off limits for us, they were having a recollection thingy.
Now dinner. Bulalo at Josephine’s. We went in to park but we went out again. They say food there is a little pricey for us. We went to Leslie's instead. We waited a little to be seated and when we were, waiters are not prompt to get our orders. We were hungry. The service was a little disappointing. They also have a rondalla group, a show band which will sing for those eating. The food was ok though. The crab is awesome when there is one from our group with a task of taking out the meat from the crab. Awesome! Too bad i don't like taking pictures of food i eat.
Overall, the trip was fun. We paid 350 each for gas, toll and parking. 9 people, 2 cars, 1 amazing day for a food trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment