Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gone with the Wind

source of pic

“Frankly my dear I don’t give a damn”  - Rhett Butler

I’ve known this classic line long before but I just watched the movie just now. The film is almost four hours long but it was all worth it. A great classic in Technicolor. It is an MGM production from 1939 which is an Oscar Best Picture.  I think a real fan of great movies (not just commercial blockbusters of great visual effects) should at least see this. I for a very long time believe that movie goers nowadays just adorn the cinemas just to see effects. It’s like reading a book with a good cover or in the same vicinity with that. It is very good to see a movie how they are meant to be. With the great scores for cheesy scenes and the way they deliver their lines. The way the movie stars used to look like. They are gods and goddesses of the silver screen. Those were really the golden age of Hollywood.
The story is great as it shows how the heroine Scarlett O'Hara deals with different predicaments in her life. As a viewer, I tried to read her psyche and see what her drives are because of all the extreme decisions she made throughout the movie and see her humanity before, during and after the war and how she matures through all that she went through. The character also posseses an eighteen-inch waistline. It’s not really a chick flick though. The “war” element in the movie made it so just as American Football was to Jerry Maguire.
Good movie. I recommend it to someone who has fancy for classics especially hard core fanatics and should have a lot of idle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment