Last Monday I was able to ride the unfortunate shuttle ride home (Robinsons Metro East - Padilla route). Very unfortunate that one of the passenger is a douchebag.
I really hate that day. It was a Monday and the day really sucked. The time came that I was going home, I don’t know why but I decided to take a shuttle in Cainta instead of my usual in Eastwood. It was a bad idea. I thought I would be saving some time form waiting for the van to be filled but I guess, it would be the same because I also have to wait for the tricycle from Jollibee Manggahan to Robinsons Metro East to be full also. The only benefit that I guess I did obtain from the experience is that I saved eight pesos from my total fare for the evening. Eight pesos was not even enough for the hell of an experience with that douchebag inside that miserable van ride.
So there I was, looking for the van to Cogeo, so this kuya pointed me to this van, it looked full because the seats near the door already has three passengers each but hey, the seats at the back are still empty. Basically, there's this one asshole blocking the should-be-way to the back. People at their right mind will normally fill the back seats first just to be courteous to the incoming passengers unless of course, someone is not normal. Who would like the hassle of repeatingly raising your seat and standing up so that other people can get behind?
I was a little annoyed about that but wait there’s more. This guy is on the phone talking loudly to a person named Maiko or something. I don’t know if that’s a guy or a female on the other end though just to fit what kind of person is this asshole in the repertoire of stereotypes found in my head. But then again, to sum up everything, the guy’s a douche for sure. He was wearing a douche clothes and a douche cap to complete my assumption. As I was sitting at the corner at the back, silently raging(of course), I thought the worst was over when the guy hung up. Itetext na lang daw nya mamaya yung kausap nya mamaya paguwi nya. That time was when the van is full, ready to roll. In true douchebag fashion, the guy was not willing to disprove my assumption. He played music with his douchey phone without earphones. At that point I audibly uttered the words "Putangina" in disbelief. Douchebaggery was not over yet. The guy sang along with his loud music, that was a Silent Sanctuary song. Poor song, I would forever associate to that douchebag encounter if ever I hear it in the future. He sang along, (wait there’s more) and used the side of the van as his drums. That was Hell. I immediately look for my Ipod just to play any song on it. "Immediately" though took a lifetime. It felt like asphyxiation, drowning or any similar situation which may result to dying. It also took awhile to untangle the cord of my earplugs. When all of that was done, it was life’s simple pleasure. "Thank god for noise-canceling earphones" moment once again.
What a story to tell. It was lucky that my ipod was not low in battery that time. I was a little worried because the traffic was heavy on Marcos highway and my battery is a little low. It went through though.
When I told this story to Chast, she agreed that the guy is really a douche. One somewhat related question come up: what is lesser than the two evils: Emofags or douchebags?
I found these two known "anatomy" images from the interwebs for comparison:
That guy against this guy:
I also stumbled upon an "Anatomy of a Jejemon" image but it was crap.

No comments:
Post a Comment