Going around
A map is enough to go places. The MTR, the bus stops are very tourist friendly. The Octopus card is a must or comfort in paying stuff (food, fare, etc) anywhere accepted.
Traffic
The rush hour traffic is also bad. It also extends until 10 in the evening. People also cross the street even though the red light is on. As the saying go, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". It applies there too.
Girls
I remember back in high school when it was easy to be smitten with a chinita. Hell yeah, sino bang hindi nagkacrush sa chinita dati? There were very few from the campus where I studied so they are automatically a sight for sore eye. Sa Hong Kong nagsawa kami kakatingin sa mga chicks. Tingin lang, pretty much like high school.
Pinoys
We do not usually talk to other pinoys when traveling abroad but in times when we might get lost or something, it is good to talk to somebody we can communicate with. Language pretty much the prerequisite. I had a bad experience asking for help with a pinoy before in Singapore. In Hong Kong, the Pinoys are polite, A++.
Camera
Sabi nga ni Aga Muhlach: tumingin tingin ka lang, maraming pwedeng matuklasan. Too bad I did not bring my camera this time when we thought we've seen the best, there will always be some other place worth taking photos of.
I still look like a teenager
Sharifa told me I look like I’m 16. She is a Filipino who works for the Rennaisance Hotel, where the conference was held. I also think I m the youngest in the crowd of delegates from different AV companies there but 16, is too much. Hahaha.
Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics
I picked that up from one of the presentations from the conference when giving up numbers/statistics about something in your presentation. Nobody really cares about numbers but big digits sounds good for marketing purposes.
TV
Han Ji min, a Korean actress went to Alawon, Mindanao to teach as an outreach program. I saw that on Arirang. More on that from this site.

No comments:
Post a Comment