I will miss going to this place to play basketball. I don’t even know when will I play basketball again when I get back home. This place is awesome. There are two basketball courts, two beach volleyball courts, a couple of tennis courts a very wide field and a track for running. To accommodate a lot of people, there is also a huge parking lot Adjacent the park is a pool, the Bad Königshofen Family Aquatic Center. On weekends, big groups of people mostly families come here for picnic. I really wish there is something like this back home. We recon that if a place like this existed when we were younger, we might have been better in playing ball. Haha. Who am I kidding, I can’t play back then, we can’t even afford basketball shoes.
First time we went to that place was three years ago. Some teenage fil-ams played with us. I was able to play a little basketball and a little volleyball back then. After the winter this year, we decided to play basketball again. It was still cold back then and very few people go there to play. We have the whole court for the three of us. They also play in a smaller park closer to our apartment but the basketball court there is not standard. S J Stovall Park is still the place to be. It is where I was able to throw a football, play basketball and jog.
It is awesome that the government here allot budget for this kind of place and it is well taken care of. I envy these kids who are able to enjoy these perks. Makes me think what if a park like this exist back home? What would happen? Here are my assumptions:
- politicians, names will be all over the place declaring it as their priority project, just like the usual vandalism
- Sari-sari stores will sprung up in the vicinity. Vendors of taho, ice-cream and whatever merienda will surely be sold
- sporty health conscious fad-loving runners/hipsters will love to go there
- games with wager will be plenty. These will make tambays earn petty cash
- Tanods will have to be assigned there especially during wee hours
- the place will become a famous tagpuan of teenage couples. Magic will surely happen, like sunken garden
- the place is big enough for gang wars
- drug addicts will surely like to hang out
- mugging and theft is inevitable
No comments:
Post a Comment