"I will speak for you, Father. I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint." - Salieri
This is my favourite line from the movie Amadeus. I can really relate to that knowing I am mediocre myself. I have always been an undeachiver by choice most of the time. A classmate once said that I am indifferent. The upside of being mediocre is less expectations from the people around you. You don’t want to be the former valedictorian and your low profile classmates achieved more in life than you.
Growing up I read a lot of stuff, I learned a lot of things in school but there’s not really a point in excelling really. There are also facets in life that needs to be learned.
Anyways, here are my frustrations from my mediocre life(MLIA):
Baking – I can cook but baking has been a frustration
Dancing – why not?
Swim – I have been to a lot of travels but I still don’t know how to swim
Ride a bike – I am really planning to learn this year
Tune a guitar – I really think I am tone deaf
Bonsai - I love gardening. If I only have the time I would love to make my own bonsai.
Ham radio – I saw kids use these on its heyday on the late 80’s and on army headquarters. I really think radio is awesome.
Getting a hair that looks like Rob Thomas - I really wish my hair looks like that
![]() |
| still from 3AM music video's last frame |
Play the piano – or any instrument. I am a music junkie but I have not learned music. Me being tone deaf is also a factor for not learning this on my own
How to solder – I’m an ECE but I don’t know how to do it right.
Create Art - I can't draw a perfect circle. That alone tells a lot on my drawing skills but I wish I can be of any talent in other artsy fartsy shit.

No comments:
Post a Comment