Friday, May 31, 2013

Not proud of

When I was about in fifth grade, I was kinda addicted in playing basketball. The thing is, I am not really good at it. One time I was out in an outdoor basketball court playing. From afar I saw my father and my sister watching me play. They were kinda passing the area going somewhere else. When I got home they told me that I was not shooting the ball, I am not getting it aside from inbounding it after the other team scored. My father thinks I sucked at it, that's how fathers are.

In another story, when we are about to be bequeathed as senior boy scout leaders on my junior year in high school there was this obstacle course on our final camping where I had this photo where I was wearing a white t-shirt doing pushups then these officers pouring mud on me. The push-ups was a part of the course, the mud, something senior leaders do to improvise. I sneaked that photo from the archives then I brought home. My mother saw that photo and asked me why the hell am I in that situation. It sucked explaining that picture. It is an embarrassing photo. I know my mother had a difficult time washing that shirt.

Anyways the point is, who the hell wants their love ones see them in a bad situation: getting beat up, defeated or in any bad situation you are not proud of. In a way, nobody wants their love ones see them suck in anything. Why the hell do that, when there are other facets in life that you are good at that they can see you kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment