| pictures on our living room wall |
For the longest time, my father wanted our graduation pictures to be posted on our living room wall. The only problem is, we did not have any of those. We did not have the budget for any of that when my older sisters and I graduated. What my father had was those 2x2 pictures attached on our college trascript of records. His plan was to hire some guy to blow those pictures up then like do some photoshop to make the toga full and fit better on a rectangle frame than the original square. He got those photos. Hahaha.
I
don’t even have copy of that toga picture. He is a little sentimental
that way so it was a pleasure giving him that. I guess he is just proud
of his kids. He had a picture of the four of us when we were kids in his
wallet he kept through the years. That is one trait we love about him.
One time he found a Valentines Day card from my oldest sister made when
she was in first grade. The one made from a white typewriting paper
folded twice then drawn with a big red heart in the front and an english
dedication inside. He put it on a frame and displayed as well.
When we had a vacation in Ilocos last March, I saw portraits displayed on Chast’s parents’ house. That was when I had the idea of making our 2x2 pictures into charcoal portraits. I told that to my father and he wa enthusiastic. Haha. I found this guy in Sta Lucia who does portraits. His rate was the lowest I know because I also checked in AliMall. The portraits went good. It looks like me. I paid for the portraits and my mother said she will take care of the frames because she knows a place in Quiapo where the frames are cheaper.
From the portraits, to the frames then my mother had the wall colored to yellow. It took about three months. I also had one of his picture when he retired printed large then framed. The two pictures of him in the wall was taken 1997(When I graduated grade school), and the other in 2009. The family picture was shot Christmas Day 1989.
No comments:
Post a Comment