I am not fond of these minions. They are cute and all but I easily get tired of them. Unlike my facebook news feed which was flooded by these cute characters even before the Minions movie came up. Banana, Potato, pictures, videos and everything related to minions. I know the McDonalds happy meals are constantly sold out. Pictures of these toys are also constantly posted by people boasting how many they got already.
I watched the movie to see what the fuzz is about because I read somewhere the minions has some important role in the movie. Not really.
They were cute, yes but I still think the Agnes kid is cute especially in the first movie. I even got the ringtone and I own a unicorn plush toy lol.
![]() |
| photo credit: Most GIFs I see has violence in it |
What bugs me a lot about these minions is the slapstick comedy they bring and I am not really a fan of violence just for the laugh. The people watching in the movie house find them funny because I heard laughter all throughout. I guess their type of humor is not for me. I like it when they are just there looking cute but getting hurt and shit is not funny to me. I also don't like much of the minion personality. I remember watching the first movie and got dumbfounded why the minions has to suffer so much physically to be cute. In the next installment I still felt the same. Others find them cute and funny.
![]() |
| photo credit: Hermione fans know this |
I kinda compare the minions with the house-elves in the Harry Potter books. They were there as servants for the wizard families and they love what they do. As the hurting goes, Kreacher was used by Voldemort to drink the potion for that horcrux in the lake; Dobby used to hit himself when he made errors. I don’t like them get hurt too.
Anyways, it's just me. I don't know why I care a lot with these fictional creatures. What's important is that they are cute and selling merchandise.


No comments:
Post a Comment