My sister again came to town and she wanted to go to Malaysia. She wanted to see the Petronas Towers. I don’t. That would be a 6 hour trip by bus. I told her that we can do Melaka instead. I haven’t been to the famous Jonker Street but we have climbed Gunung Datuk August last year and Melaka Sentral was where we took the taxi going to the jump-off point.
To get there, I booked Fomecs Boutique Hotel the night before thru Agoda. It cost SGD 76.60 for one night on a weekend. The hotel’s location was on Jonker Street itself. It was a good hotel but it was on the other end of the street. The good places are on the other end. We found some hostels and guest houses on the other end. Next time we come back we might opt to try those.
We would have taken the earliest bus but I got to fetch my sister from the airport very late that night so we got the 8:30 bus. We arrived at Melaka at around 3PM. We proceeded in checking the place out.
To get there, I booked Fomecs Boutique Hotel the night before thru Agoda. It cost SGD 76.60 for one night on a weekend. The hotel’s location was on Jonker Street itself. It was a good hotel but it was on the other end of the street. The good places are on the other end. We found some hostels and guest houses on the other end. Next time we come back we might opt to try those.
We would have taken the earliest bus but I got to fetch my sister from the airport very late that night so we got the 8:30 bus. We arrived at Melaka at around 3PM. We proceeded in checking the place out.
We don't have enough Ringgit but there was this cab who agreed to bring us to Klebang beach but on SGD rate. We knew the rate is higher than usual but we still went with it. We spent like 30 minutes on the beach and he waited for us then brought us back to Melaka where we there is a money changer.
We alighted at the Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall. In front of it is Mahkota Parade which at first sight looks like a Chelsey Premium outlet.
After we get our ringgit, we continued exploring Melaka with the map that we get from the hotel. Taking note of the foods that we have to taste and the noteworthy places on this heritage site.
![]() |
| Saint Paul's Church above the hill |
![]() |
| A'Famosa |
![]() |
| This fountain is inside the Megamall |
![]() |
| Taste Better Durian Puff |
![]() |
| Brands Outlet Store sells good quality T-Shirts 3 for RM50 |
We got back at Jonker then hit the night market to see the good stuff. I bought a wooden slippers there for RM15.
The next day, we got up early to eat breakfast before we checkout. Most shops were not opened yet. We were looking to find something Melaka e.g. the name of the shops we found online.
We were hungry and shops are not opened. We end up eating at this place which was opened that time. It is called the Daily Fix Cafe. It is an artsy place but not very hipster. The food was great. The staff were young and on what it looks like may be from some theatre group too.
There were a lot of artsy displays and upstairs was a good place to take more photos.
After breakfast, we checked out then walked some more.
In Mahkota Parade, there's this place Nadeje. They have this long queue outside. They serve mille crepe cake. The cake taste just OK. I still prefer Paper Moon I tasted a while back.
We went around the mall for a while then catch a cab going to Melaka Sentral. There I learned that getting reservations for the bus back is also very important because bus schedules get packed too. It is on another blog post.
![]() |
| Cheng Hoon Teng Temple |
![]() |
| One of the inns near the river |
In Mahkota Parade, there's this place Nadeje. They have this long queue outside. They serve mille crepe cake. The cake taste just OK. I still prefer Paper Moon I tasted a while back.
We went around the mall for a while then catch a cab going to Melaka Sentral. There I learned that getting reservations for the bus back is also very important because bus schedules get packed too. It is on another blog post.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment