The last Superbowl introduced me to the Jerry Seinfeld’s web show Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. I like it a lot. I see good looking cars and of course coffee. Most of all I hear comedians talk in real conversations. I like hearing their stories on how they support each other when a comic will be a guest at Carson. I like funny anectodes and their thoughts on anything, how they think and how they come up making funny stories. I enjoy watching stand up comedy. It is hard standing in front of an audience, talk and expect people to laugh. Jay Leno said comedy does not change a lot. What's funny in the 1920's is still funny today. Not like romance. What's romantic before may not be the same case today. Unfortunately in the Philippines, it changed.
Comics has disappeared, and replaced by gay comedians. I remember harana scenes, sing alongs, then stand up stints before. Present day comedians suck. No comedy at all. Just insults to anyone and it is funny by today’s standards. Bawal ang pikon. I think comedy died in the mid 2000's in the Philippines. After the boom of indie thing in TV which brought us Strangebrew and Ariel and Maverick.
Comics has disappeared, and replaced by gay comedians. I remember harana scenes, sing alongs, then stand up stints before. Present day comedians suck. No comedy at all. Just insults to anyone and it is funny by today’s standards. Bawal ang pikon. I think comedy died in the mid 2000's in the Philippines. After the boom of indie thing in TV which brought us Strangebrew and Ariel and Maverick.
No comments:
Post a Comment