I have the knack of hiding friends from Facebook who have nothing to do but post children’s picture. Aside from yabang posts and selfies, I hate seeing kids in my news feed.
In the past couple of months, a common theme of pictures with kids are penetrating my news feed. I happen to have a couple of close friends who are attending 7th Birthday parties, separate events nonetheless. My thoughts on this is of course is “What the fuck??”
I don’t like seeing kids, but seeing girls on princess attires in extravagant parties is utter bullshit. Other countries have the bar mitzvah and the sweet sixteen, a coming of age thing. I thought our celebration of the 18th birthday is the counterpart. I think the 7th birthday is the shiz right now.
Because of this, I need to research what the hell is wrong? What is the deal with celebrating extravagant 7th birthdays. I grow up poor so I know I should not get that. I have friends and relatives but I can’t remember attending any of that shit. I remember some classmates who have well off parents throwing a little party at school where there were spaghetti, sandwich and whatever. But I don’t remember that specifically on the first grade.
Base on some internet searches regarding the subject, 7th birthday is some kind of a stupid milestone, blah blah. Total bullshit. I read in one post that it might just be another reason for party loving Filipinos to throw a party. There is nothing special to celebrate. It is just wasting money for brats. I don't know, it is still the parent's choice to throw stupid shit like this. Again, there is nothing special about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment