Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Singing These Days

I hate singing contests on Tv. I believe these shows are derived from the reality Tv craze back in the late 90’s, early 2000’s. What comes to mind is American Idol. I hate that show, and other similar shows. I like listening to music, and watching people sing live, but what I love more about songs is the music and lyrics, not how some person sings it and how amazing his/her voice is. I watched operas, and voices on operas are the bomb. I don’t think singing contest-loving people would appreciate something like that.

Another thing, Youtube sensations, especially those who make covers and shit, are nothing really. They do their shit and be famous for it. I hate Boyce Avenue. I don’t like cover songs, in general, like those punk covers which was the fad before.


I don’t count an awesome voice as a talent. Its like God gave you a big dick, use it. In music, what I appreciate more is the creation of the music and lyrics. There is nothing impressive about making a cover of a Top40 song. I dont like watching Sunday noon-time variety shows and watch local artistas birit it out on TV. I only try watching those shit if a stupid conversation calls for it. I also don’t like getting entertained by music videos nowadays. MTV gave up the idea of selling those. When browsing Youtube for songs, I don’t watch those. I look for classic videos, some new good artists, live performances and sometimes, the suggested videos, but still not cover artists but similar artists to what I have watched.

Hey, I have Dave Grohl saying my point too:

This picture is everywhere in the internet for a long time now

No comments:

Post a Comment