Friday, October 31, 2014

Saint Jude Archdiocesan Shrine

I read my blog entries about how I spent my birthdays before. One time I was reading a book "The Adultery Club" at  Booksale. Now I feel like I should have bought that book. Right now I am trying to finish that Coelho book I bought Angel from last month. She hasn’t lent it to me still. I am already at the denouement of the story. There was also this one time when I went to my high school classmate’s Optometric clinic to get my parents' prescription glasses. This year I also brought my mother to the clinic to get her a new pair. Her last one was given to my grandmother. I also had my Facebook account deactivated before, so only a few people can reach me. This year, the only two text messages greeting me I received this year are from Angelica from midnight and from my father at around 5AM, the time he wakes up.

Si Mareng Lina, hindi nakakalimot bumati

On both entries, I went to St Jude for mass. I am not a hard core religious person, but I see myself doing this just because. I went to St Jude way back in 2006 not to pray so I can pass the board exam like other people do. I go to church at those times to pray to keep us safe, away from sickness and help make me stay sane. Doing all the cramming and studying can make me crazy. I think that paid off. Now I see myself visiting the church to be an annual thing, when I am here in the country. The feast day is also my birthday. I also go to St Joseph before. When I am somewhere near that area, I also make time to go visit the church. I was there two weeks ago when I was on my way to NSO.

I like going to St Jude. The church is small, and there is an hourly mass. It is also an easy commute by train. It is also one of the rare opportunities that I get to see Manila again, and to see my commute back in college. I can see how things have changed since. The mass is also in English, and I really listen to the homily.

No comments:

Post a Comment