Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dashboard Confessional at the Wildflower Festival

Chris Carrabba did a show in Araneta last March. Too bad I wasn’t there. I might have spent another 3000++ pesos for that gig. It sucks to miss a good concert. I could have been in that Sara Bareilles show in Tokyo last year if the tsunami did not happen. Red Hot Chilli Peppers gig should not be rescheduled from March to October. Florence and the Machine show should have been cheaper, and that Edgefest too.
Luckily, I found this Wildflower festival in Richardson. It is less than an hour away from Arlington and I can get people to go with me and it only costs twenty bucks. This got to happen. It did.
The Wildflower Festival is a three day event mostly similar to the Main Street Fort Worth Arts Festival where about 5 blocks of Main St. is closed for the festival and booths for different kind of art are on display and for sale. Stages are set throughout the vicinity for different kinds of music. Wildflower Festival, it is in Galatyn Park. It is a bigger venue and I know they are holding a Dadfest fun run there on Father’s day. 
We arrived just an hour early for Dashboard Confessional but late to see other things in the festival. It is already dark and Augustana is already playing. We need to pick a good spot close to the stage for a better view. Turns out the place is not that crammed up. There are even folding chairs that people brought in to be more comfortable I should have walked around a little to see more of the festival.
So Dashboard Confessional played at almost 11PM. It is always worth the wait. They played mostly old songs which is always good so that old fans like us who don’t catch up on their new records can still relate on the songs they play. We are about less than 50 feet from the stage. We can get closer but Americans are a lot taller than us so even though we get close, we will not be able to see the awesome performance. 
The crowd will usually sing along to his songs, but not so much in this gig. I guess, because of course, these people are not those die hard fans that spend 4000 pesos or more just to see them perform. But it was fun though, I kinda hate it when I’m the only one in our area singing especially on their newer songs but I should not care.  That’s normal.
No pictures of course. I did not bring a camera because I want to enjoy the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment