So I am just catching up on the American idol thing. A Filipina contestant appears to reach the final two. I have been reading a lot of support and love for Jessica Sanchez on my facebook news feed. I am in the US, I have DirecTV but still, I don’t watch that singing contest but yes I did watch the early episodes, the part where they go around the country for auditions and the "you’re going to Hollywood baby" lines. That’s the only part of the show which makes it a reality show, I think. After that, I don’t watch it anymore.
Anyways, I went to the website to see her performance and she is really good. I usually can’t stand to watch these performances from the show but I really like how she sings that Aerosmith and Mariah songs. I like her. She don't do much of the dreaded "birit". Birit are for Barangay singing contests only. I hope she bags this thing. What the hell, Pinoy pride, of course(We all know that her roots as a Filipino will only be noteworthy in interviews when the interviewer is a Filipino). I am thinking of voting as well. Haha..
The other contestant is good as well, I saw him perform from the audition episodes. His style is like Dave Matthews or something. He’s a barefooted guy with a guitar.
I don’t know which one of them can survive the music industry after this powwow but I do know one hundred percent that back home, GMA and ABS-CBN are dying to book Jessica Sanchez for a performance on their Sunday noon time variety shows and make her do a duet with their matinee idol actors/singers/(or whatever it is they do for the network as an exclusive "artista"). Make her guest to their Sunday afternoon showbiz TV shows, primetime TV dramas and book her a concert at Araneta. Bench and other clothing lines will surely like to get her as an endorser and have a big billboard at EDSA-Guadalupe. I wish her good luck. She is famous now. I don’t like American Idol but I am taking notice, blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment