I hate this teleserye. From the very first promotional clip where the guy was running and thew girl hit the guy with the cabbage. The pa-cute koreanovela-like acting is just so dreadful.
I hate teleseryes in general but this sucks because I get chances to see it whenever I eat supper, kinda like I am able to see It’s Showtime during lunch. Forevermore comes to me like a Pinoy Koreanovela. It should be good as Filipinos buy the Hallyu wave: it killed OPM. I remember the times when MYX Channel plays OPM but now, it’s like watching KBS or Arirang, not with English subtitles but Korean lyrics. There is (or was?) Pinoy kpop boy bands or girl bands trying to imitate the Korean pop culture but as always, the Korean charm is distinct and hard to imitate. Parang tanga pag Pinoy ginagaya yung pagpapacute ng mga cute na Koreana. It will just don’t work. At least for me.
I call Forevermore a Pinoy koreanovela. Why? Maybe I have seen diverse movies and television series from different countries that I can distinguish acting. There is something distinct on how the French act. There is a different way our own telenovelas flow so are the imported soaps. Seeing a pinoy teleserye with a Korean "feel" just feels irritating. The way the main actress do some pa-cute faces and the camera is there to focus; the slow movements to show emphasis on what shit is happening, the stupid song, the only one that is allowed to play throughout the entirety of the episode; the stupid montages. Shit does not look real. I generally hate pa-tweetums "PBB teens" shit on TV.
I hate that I was able to see this stupid episode with the "kambal na strawberry". The stupid thing was trending the next day, and I know what the fuck it is about.
I hate teleseryes in general but this sucks because I get chances to see it whenever I eat supper, kinda like I am able to see It’s Showtime during lunch. Forevermore comes to me like a Pinoy Koreanovela. It should be good as Filipinos buy the Hallyu wave: it killed OPM. I remember the times when MYX Channel plays OPM but now, it’s like watching KBS or Arirang, not with English subtitles but Korean lyrics. There is (or was?) Pinoy kpop boy bands or girl bands trying to imitate the Korean pop culture but as always, the Korean charm is distinct and hard to imitate. Parang tanga pag Pinoy ginagaya yung pagpapacute ng mga cute na Koreana. It will just don’t work. At least for me.
I call Forevermore a Pinoy koreanovela. Why? Maybe I have seen diverse movies and television series from different countries that I can distinguish acting. There is something distinct on how the French act. There is a different way our own telenovelas flow so are the imported soaps. Seeing a pinoy teleserye with a Korean "feel" just feels irritating. The way the main actress do some pa-cute faces and the camera is there to focus; the slow movements to show emphasis on what shit is happening, the stupid song, the only one that is allowed to play throughout the entirety of the episode; the stupid montages. Shit does not look real. I generally hate pa-tweetums "PBB teens" shit on TV.
I hate that I was able to see this stupid episode with the "kambal na strawberry". The stupid thing was trending the next day, and I know what the fuck it is about.

I saw this posted and the comments are all about the "kambal the strawberry", forevermore.
No comments:
Post a Comment