Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Year of The Ass

I’m an ass guy. I find the song "Baby got Back" really amusing even though I may be only familiar with the song because of the Friends episode. 



Ass has never been so mainstream after that song. I remember J Lo’s butt and how she was mocked for having big butt on MTV VMAs. Kudos to Triumph. Apparently the world is not yet ready for the ass to be mainstream Lol. Black Eyed Peas has a song My Humps in 2005. We danced to that song in a class performance, at Baguio, in December. Good times.

In 2009 there’s this song Drop it low by Ester Dean and Chris Brown. I like that song too. After that, there are no other ass related song that entered my weak radar on pop music.

This year, it’s all about the ass (all about the bass, no treble as the song puts it). Nicki Minaj went out with the Anaconda album. The internet erupted. The song is like a derivative of the Sir Mix-A-Lot’s classic. Well, it actually is.


My anaconda don't want none
Unless you've got buns, hun

Iggy Azalea and J Lo have a song called Booty. I don’t know who Iggy Azalea was until I heard about the news on her ripped pants on a bar mitzvah. Well, her is ass and/or lady parts is too sexy for those pants. 

Kim Kardashian broke the internet with her ginormous ass in a magazine over. We know what that ass looked like before she got this famous haha. That big ass looks sickening. What the fuck. I am not posting that picture here.

Buzzfeed did a list of the ass related shit that went down this year. The year isn't over so there maybe more. 

I am starting to hate this. Like sometime ago, I saw a facebook post from a friend about "big-ass problems". She did not register to me as a person with big ass before. As a curious person, I skim through her photos, and I did not see awesome curves on her younger photos. She just got fat. Oh well. I hope the "ass" will not be too mainstream for me now or I will become a "leg" guy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment